Below are all the resources Lucy presented/spoke through during Jossie Talks #7: "A changing world & your place in it".
If you weren't able to make the webinar, you can watch the full recording and read our key takeaways here: https://app.hubspot.com/blog/5204104/edit-beta/29614989366/content
You can view the deck Lucy presented by clicking the image below.
- The Executive Secretary eGuide; Stepping into Leadership; Effectively Supporting Your Team Through Coronavirus
- Email triage system article can be found here
- Here is the video message for your execs on how best to use you
Below are Lucy's list of questions to ask a new executive:
- What goals and objectives has the business set for you this year?
- What does success look like for you this year/this month/this week?
- What are the things you hate doing that I could take off your plate?
- Have you had an EA before?
- If so what did you find most useful/least useful about what they did for you?
- What are your most immediate pain points?
- What are you worried about?
- What are you working on that I could compile stats for/design up/proofread etc
- What have you got on your list today that I could do for you/do background work for you on?
- What is keeping you busy that I could take off your hands to free up your time so you can get on with saving the world?
- Who is chasing you for things? Can I help manage expectations?
- Who are you chasing for things? I could take over doing that.
- Who should I always put through to you as soon as they call?
- Who would you prefer that I didn't put through?
- How do you prefer I present information to you? (e.g. bullet points/details/visual)
- How do you want to be communicated with? (for example, if something is super urgent, Matt WhatsApp Lucy but otherwise he emails. He knows she hate listening to messages)
Lucy always suggests you imagine sitting across the desk from them. They have a huge pile of paper in front of them and you are ideally taking it from them, taking the things you can do out of it and handing the rest back. Does that make sense? Ask yourself constantly, how can you make life easier for them during this crisis.
You could also make a list of areas where you feel you could support, so you are being proactive. Here are some suggestions:
- Email Triage
- Calendar Management
- Briefing documents
- Looking at expenditure and where costs could be cut
- Putting procedures/processes in place
- The procedures manuals topic is a big one and there is a link to an article on that here
- There is also a free adminchat webinar on this topic
- Finally, the Executive Secretary LIVE Global virtual conference is in June this year. This event will bring together 52 of the top speakers and trainers from around the world for 48 hours of intensive training for assistants worldwide. Details on the event along with the speaker line-up and topics can be viewed here