Who knew there was an official day to clean your desk!
The second Monday of January each year recognises National Clean Off Your Desk Day.
This day is an opportunity to begin your new year with a clean and organised workspace. Whether your work from home desk is in an office space, in your bedroom, kitchen or even if it's a make-shift desk in the hallway, having your workspace uncluttered and organised will help you work much more efficiently. A clean workspace can massively improve productivity.
Here's a couple of our top tips 👉
1) Organise your files. Select the method that works best for your work style. Alphabetically, by date, color, or in order of priority.
2) Organise your drawer. Invest in a drawer organiser to keep office supplies in place. No more scrambling to find a paperclip or pen. Everything has a designated spot!
3) Scan and Save. There's an app for that! It eliminates the risk of losing important documents in the hole of your bottom drawer.
4) Electronic organisation. Whilst tidying your workspace, don’t forget about your computer desktop!
5) Minimise distractions. The saying “Out of sight, out of mind” is especially true for your workspace. If you find yourself scrolling through Instagram or flipping through magazines during office hours, designate drawer space for things that distract you from productivity.
6) Change your environment. If possible, it's beneficial to try and change the environment for sleeping, eating and working. The change of environment will refresh your mind and help you get back to business rather than lingering over your meal or working from your bed.
7) Daily de-clutter. Make it a habit to clear away any coffee mugs, crisp packets, old post-its, and unnecessary papers before you finish up for the day.
8) Disinfect your desk. During Covid, it's even more essential than ever to keep your desk disinfected. Make sure to wipe down your table and surface at the end of the day.
Let us know if you have any other tips in the comment section below, we'd love to hear from you!